REPLAY ARO WORKSHOP: TRANSLATING PRE-CLINICAL FINDINGS INTO SUCCESFUL CLINICAL TRIALS
This year, ENT Clinical has actively participated in the Midwinter Meeting of the Association for Research in Otolaryngology (ARO). Alongside our partners from CILcare, we conducted a workshop entitled “Translating Pre-Clinical Findings Into Successful Clinical Trials” that gathered experts from the field. Speakers from both academia and the industry joined us at this very special workshop :
- Wahid Awad, CILcare’s Chief Business Officer (Workshop Chair)
- Helen Blackshaw, ENT Clinical’s Director of Operations (Workshop Co-Chair)
- Anne Schilder, ENT surgeon and NIHR Research Professor from the University College of London
- Gregory Robinson, Akouos’ Chief Scientific Officer
- Carl LeBel, Frequency Therapeutics’ Chief Development Officer
- Chieri Hayashi, Astellas Pharma’s Medical Director
- Ronald Pennings, ENT surgeon from Radboud University
To see the workshop’s replay, click here, then “Virtual Conference Hall“. Click on “Agenda” on the left bar, then click on “Day 6” on the top bar. You will then see an orange button with written “View Recording” next to it. Click on that button to see the replay.
The ARO is the world’s largest organization of hearing and balance researchers.
- Understand how the ear and the brain process sound and control balance
- Determine the causes of diseases and disorders of these sensory systems
- Devise new surgical, technological or biological treatments to improve patients’ lives
Find out more about ARO here
CILcare is a world’s leading R&D services company specialized in ear disorders. Based in Montpellier, Boston, and Paris, CILcare has become the one-stop partner for pharmaceutical industries, biotechs and medtechs developing novel therapies for people with hearing and otic disorders. If the importance of investigating tinnitus and hearing loss is pointed out, the underlying fundamental knowledge bases on animal models and the translational mindset are severely lacking. CILcare’s offer fills this gap by providing means to validate hypothesis towards solutions able to prevent and to reduce hearing disorders. CILcare designs and performs pharmacokinetics, efficacy, and GLP ototoxicity studies to assess drugs, medical devices, cell & gene therapies, on hearing loss, tinnitus, and otitis.
Find out more about CILcare here.